IPL HAIR REMOVAL
IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) is a modern type of laser hair removal used for permanent/long-term hair removal.
Broad-spectrum light is applied to the surface of the skin, targeting melanin. This light travels through the skin until it strikes the hair follicle. The follicle is usually where the highest concentration of melanin is located. As the light is absorbed, the bulb and most of the hair shaft are heated, destroying the hair-producing papilla.
1. Clean and shave the skin area you will be treating.
2. Connect the device to the power supply and turn on the device by pressing the button once. After the button flashes green, hold the same button until you hear the fan turn on.
3. Adjust the intensity level. Press the power button again to increase intensity (up to level 5). Always start on level 1 to test your sensitivity.
4. Place the device head flat against the skin and press the big button on the front to flash. Our device comes with a sensor, so it will not flash unless the treatment window is on the skin.
5. Repeat 1x per week, for 12 weeks for best results. (You may go over each area 1-3 times.)
6. Enjoy your laser hair removal experience
7. To maintain hair-free skin, use once every month after you have achieved desired results!
1. Clean and shave the area you will be treating.
2. Plug the adaptor into the device and press the "power button" for one second. The red indicator light will turn on. Place the device close to the skin. Once the red indicator light flashes, it is ready to flash.
3. Press the "power button" to adjust the suitable intensity level. There are five intensity levels indicated with the blue indicator lights. Intensity one-low, intensity 5-high. Press the power button to choose the most suitable intensity level.
4. When the intensity level is set, move the flash window completely flat against skin.
5. Wait until the red indicator light flashes and press the power button to flash. For the following flash, place the device on the skin right next to the previously flashed area and then press the power button again.
6. If the device is inactive for five minutes, the device will go into sleep mode, gently press the power button to turn it on. When it restarts, the intensity level changes to level one automatically.
7. After the treatment is complete, press the power button for two seconds to turn the device off.
8. Unplug the device and clean. Dampen a cloth with several drops of 70% alcohol and wipe over the flash window.
1.Clean and completely shave the area you will be treating. Dry thoroughly.
2. Connect the power adapter, and the screen of the machine will display the word "OFF".
3. Hold down the power button for 1.5s to turn the device on. It will automatically start on intensity one. Press the power button to increase or decrease the intensity, 1-2-3-4-5-4-3-2-1, and cycle successively.
4.Always start with intensity one to test the sensitivity of your skin. We recommend doing a spot test and wait for 24 hours to make sure there are no reactions.
5. To turn on/off the cooling/ice mode, press the snowflake button. To turn on/off the manual/automatic mode, press the polishing button.
6. If the display content changes from "flashing" to "not flashing", it means that the IPL device is ready. (the first flash is bright, and the eyes may not adapt to it, please wear glasses to reduce the discomfort of the flash on the eyes).
7. Press the IPL device completely against the skin. At this time, the "number" in the display screen will "blink".
8. Once the IPL device is pressed against the skin, gently press the flash button to flash. You may go over each area one to three times.
9. Use once a week until you achieve desired results. To maintain hair-free skin, use once every month after you have achieved desired results.
10. After the treatment is over, hold the power button to turn off the device. Clean with alcohol wipes after each use.
11. Enjoy your IPL hair removal experience!
No, the IPL hair removal handset is not painful; it can be compared to a warm sensation on the skin.
You can use it anywhere on your body, including the brazilian area. The only area to stay away from is the eye region.
No, it isn't necessary to wear eye protection while using our handset. Our handsets are fitted with a sensor and will not pulse any light unless the entire window is pressed against your skin. That being said you should never try and look directly into the light as it flashes.
You must shave the area you are treating before you start the treament.
During treatment, do not tweeze, wax, or use an epilator. You need the hair to stay in the hair follicle in order for it to work.
You can cut, trim or shave whenever you need to.
Intensity for each skin tone
Light, pale white: 1-5
White, fair: 1-5
Medium white to olive: 1-4
Olive, mid-brown: 1-3
Dark brown & very dark brown: Not suitable for IPL
Please do a patch test first, and wait for 24 hours to test the IPL on your skin.
Always start on level 1 to test the sensitivity of your skin, and gradually increase intensity.
No, you cannot use the device over tattoos. You can go around them.
You can go through each area 1-3 times per session. Then you can repeat the process once a week for a period of 12 weeks.
IPL relies on the melanin in the hair absorbing the light energy, and therefore IPL is not effective on blonde, red, or grey coloured hair.
Although there is no evidence showing that IPL has negative effects on pregnant or breastfeeding women, we still don’t recommend using our handset as a precaution.
You should not use IPL over very dark freckles or moles, however light freckles are fine.
IPL is safe for most people but is not suitable for everyone. Pregnant and breastfeeding women and people who are on blood thinners, for example, should avoid IPL.
Other factors that make people unsuitable for IPL treatment include:
-currently or recently taking the acne drug Accutane
-having active acne
-suffering from a skin resurfacing disorder
-being susceptible to keloid scarring
-having severe scarring
-having suffered severe sunburn recently
If you are unsure, please ask your doctor or dermatologist if you can use our handset.
1. IPL Classic Hair Removal Handset: 1.5-4.9J/cm2
2. IPL Premium Hair Removal Handset: 1.5-5.5J/cm2
3. IPl Ice Hair Removal Handset: 6-15J/cm2
As there is heat involved, slight blackening on/around the light window is normal and will not affect your handset, how it works or the results at all.