ipl laser hair removal handset
IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) is a modern type of laser hair removal used for permanent/long-term hair removal.
Broad-spectrum light is applied to the surface of the skin, targeting melanin. This light travels through the skin until it strikes the hair follicle. The follicle is usually where the highest concentration of melanin is located. As the light is absorbed, the bulb and most of the hair shaft are heated, destroying the hair-producing papilla.
1. Clean and shave the skin area you will be treating.
2. Connect the device to the power supply and turn on the device by pressing the button once. After the button flashes green, hold the same button until you hear the fan turn on.
3. Adjust the intensity level. Press the power button again to increase intensity (up to level 5). Always start on level 1 to test your sensitivity.
4. Place the device head flat against the skin and press the big button on the front to flash. Our device comes with a sensor, so it will not flash unless the treatment window is on the skin.
5. Repeat 1x per week, for 12 weeks for best results. (You may go over each area 1-3 times.)
6. Enjoy your laser hair removal experience
7. To maintain hair-free skin, use once every month after you have achieved desired results!
1. Clean and shave the area you will be treating.
2. Plug the adaptor into the device and press the "power button" for one second. The red indicator light will turn on. Place the device close to the skin. Once the red indicator light flashes, it is ready to flash.
3. Press the "power button" to adjust the suitable intensity level. There are five intensity levels indicated with the blue indicator lights. Intensity one-low, intensity 5-high. Press the power button to choose the most suitable intensity level.
4. When the intensity level is set, move the flash window completely flat against skin.
5. Wait until the red indicator light flashes and press the power button to flash. For the following flash, place the device on the skin right next to the previously flashed area and then press the power button again.
6. If the device is inactive for five minutes, the device will go into sleep mode, gently press the power button to turn it on. When it restarts, the intensity level changes to level one automatically.
7. After the treatment is complete, press the power button for two seconds to turn the device off.
8. Unplug the device and clean. Dampen a cloth with several drops of 70% alcohol and wipe over the flash window.
1.Clean and completely shave the area you will be treating. Dry thoroughly.
2. Connect the power adapter, and the screen of the machine will display the word "OFF".
3. Hold down the power button for 1.5s to turn the device on. It will automatically start on intensity one. Press the power button to increase or decrease the intensity, 1-2-3-4-5-4-3-2-1, and cycle successively.
4.Always start with intensity one to test the sensitivity of your skin. We recommend doing a spot test and wait for 24 hours to make sure there are no reactions.
5. To turn on/off the cooling/ice mode, press the snowflake button. To turn on/off the manual/automatic mode, press the polishing button.
6. If the display content changes from "flashing" to "not flashing", it means that the IPL device is ready. (the first flash is bright, and the eyes may not adapt to it, please wear glasses to reduce the discomfort of the flash on the eyes).
7. Press the IPL device completely against the skin. At this time, the "number" in the display screen will "blink".
8. Once the IPL device is pressed against the skin, gently press the flash button to flash. You may go over each area one to three times.
9. Use once a week until you achieve desired results. To maintain hair-free skin, use once every month after you have achieved desired results.
10. After the treatment is over, hold the power button to turn off the device. Clean with alcohol wipes after each use.
11. Enjoy your IPL hair removal experience!
No, the IPL hair removal handset is not painful; it can be compared to a warm sensation on the skin.
You can use it anywhere on your body, including the brazilian area. The only area to stay away from is the eye region.
IPL is an effective permanent hair reduction method that uses pulsed light to damage the hair follicle.
No, it isn't necessary to wear eye protection while using our handset. Our handsets are fitted with a sensor and will not pulse any light unless the entire window is pressed against your skin. That being said you should never try and look directly into the light as it flashes.
You must shave the area you are treating before you start the treament.
During treatment, do not tweeze, wax, or use an epilator. You need the hair to stay in the hair follicle in order for it to work.
You can cut, trim or shave whenever you need to.
Result times vary from person to person. Most customers start seeing results after 3-4 treatments, and it takes 12 treatments to see complete results.
Intensity for each skin tone
Light, pale white: 1-5
White, fair: 1-5
Medium white to olive: 1-4
Olive, mid-brown: 1-3
Dark brown & very dark brown: Not suitable for IPL
Please do a patch test first, and wait for 24 hours to test the IPL on your skin.
Always start on level 1 to test the sensitivity of your skin, and gradually increase intensity.
IPL/laser is a method of permanent hair-reduction. You actually have to be careful when anyone claims ‘permanent’ hair removal as all forms of IPL/Laser hair removal requires some maintenance, or eventually, the hair will start growing back.
After completing your initial sessions with our handsets you will only have to use your handset once every 2-3 months to maintain smooth, hairless skin.
No, you cannot use the device over tattoos. You can go around them.
You can go through each area 1-3 times per session. Then you can repeat the process once a week for a period of 12 weeks.
IPL relies on the melanin in the hair absorbing the light energy, and therefore IPL is not effective on blonde, red, or grey coloured hair.
Although there is no evidence showing that IPL has negative effects on pregnant or breastfeeding women, we still don’t recommend using our handset as a precaution.
You should not use IPL over very dark freckles or moles, however light freckles are fine.
We recommend avoiding the sun and avoiding tanning during the treatment process, as the IPL will be more attracted to the melanin in the skin, than the hair.
IPL is safe for most people but is not suitable for everyone. Pregnant and breastfeeding women and people who are on blood thinners, for example, should avoid IPL.
Other factors that make people unsuitable for IPL treatment include:
currently or recently taking the acne drug Accutane
having active acne
suffering from a skin resurfacing disorder
being susceptible to keloid scarring
having severe scarring
having suffered severe sunburn recently
If you are unsure, please ask your doctor or dermatologist if you can use our handset.
Cleaning of the handset is advised after each use. You can use an alcohol wipe, or any antibacterial product to clean down the handset and the light window after treatment.
Ensure your handset is powered off, and not plugged in before doing so. You should then store the handset in a cool, dry place after use (once the handset is completely dry).
1. IPL Classic Hair Removal Handset: 1.5-4.9J/cm2
2. IPL Premium Hair Removal Handset: 1.5-5.5J/cm2
3. IPl Ice Hair Removal Handset: 6-15J/cm2
As there is heat involved, slight blackening on/around the light window is normal and will not affect your handset, how it works or the results at all.
Microdermabrasion is an exfoliation and skin rejuvenation procedure that leaves skin looking softer and brighter by removing the dead skin cells, clears clogged pores and boosts the production of collagen; which is key to smoother, healthier skin!
Detox and Exfoliates
The Glam'n Skin microdermabrasion kit is equipped with a Microcrystalline tip which polishes away and deeply cleanses your skin whilst the perfectly tuned vacuum unclogs your pores and removes toxins from your skin.
Revitalise & Brighten
Vacuum suction increases blood flow triggering natural collagen production and stimulates new cell growth. Collagen is the essential protein which provides elasticity to the skin, helping it to appear more youthful and healthy.
Our Handset is designed to be super easy and convenient to use.
Cleanse your skin, then dry.
Steam for 10 minutes, then dry. Choose the intensity you will be using.
Pull skin tight to help the device glide smoothly.
Move the device across the skin in an upward motion (do not stay in one spot for more than 3 seconds; to prevent bruising).
Once finished, follow with your favourite moisturiser.
Relax and enjoy your smooth and glowing skin!
Microdermabrasion treatments have so many benefits for your skin!
Minimized fine lines
Brighter skin tone
Better skin color
Reduced age spots
Firmer, tighter skin
More radiant complexion
One treatment per week is all you need to regenerate new, glowing skin. This gives your skin enough to heal and regenerate new healthy skin cells.
A microdermabrasion treatment takes only minutes and is a must-have in your weekly skin routine.
Microdermabrasion is suitable for all skin types and tones!
However, If you’re using chemical peels or products containing hydroxy acids, malic acid, lactic acid retinoids you need to wait at least 7 days before using your handset.
Also, If your skin is sensitive or you’re prone to rosacea, you’ll most likely want to skip the treatment, as the exfoliation can be too irritating.
If you’ve got an active infection, sunburn, cold sores or other inflammation on your face, it’s a good idea to postpone treatment until your skin has cleared up.
If you are unsure, please ask your doctor or dermatologist.
Microdermabrasion is a comfortable, non-invasive skin treatment. Treatments should never be painful or cause any unwanted side effects. The sensation can be compared to that of an exfoliating scrub combined with a light facial massage.
The handset can be used on all parts of your face, neck and body but avoid sensitive areas such as around your eyes.
Yes, you can share the handset! But we strongly recommend each user keeps their own individual tips to avoid the spread of bacteria.
Right away! Our handset will leave your skin smooth and your pores visibly clearer after the first use.
You will begin to see maximum results over longer periods of time.
When using your handset consistently once a week for 6+ weeks you’ll notice visibly smaller pores, clearer and smoother glowing skin with less fine lines and pigmentation.
Results may vary depending on your skin type.
We recommend replacing the filter every 6-8 treatments.
Composed of Microcrystalline particles, this Tip is best for deep exfoliation and removing dull tired skin.
Perfect for focus areas such as the nose and chin. Great for removing oil build-up and pollutants from the skin.
Important Note: This tip has the strongest suction. We recommend this only on the Lowest Level of Suction. Best for promoting blood circulation and inducing collagen production.
Used for blood circulation.
Yes! Many of our customers with sensitive skin and/or dry skin achieve excellent results. The key is to use the handset on the lowest setting until you are familiar with the device and moisturize after each treatment to keep skin hydrated and fresh!
We also recommend doing a patch test and wait 24 hours before using if you are unsure.
Our Microdermabrasion handset can be super powerful as it has 4 levels of suction. We recommend instensity 1-2 for the face.
Cleaning Suction Tips
After each use, be sure to remove the suction tip from the microdermabrasion handset and thoroughly clean it using warm soapy water and finishing with an alcohol-based disinfectant. Hard to reach areas can be cleaned using cotton earbuds or a small soft brush. This will prevent bacteria build-up and prolong the life of the suction tips.
You can wipe the handset with an anti-bacterial wipe. It is important to keep the handset dry at all times. Do not clean with water.
Yes! All of our products come with a 1-year warranty! We offer full replacements provided the product is not damaged as a result of misuse and your purchase was made directly from Glam'n Skin!
To read more, click 1-Year Warranty.